She has completed her PhD from Heidelberg University, Germany in 2012. She has been engaged in teaching and research since Sept, 2013. She has launched Computational Chemistry Specialization stream under Computational Science and Engineering program at RCMS in 2014. . Her expertise in Computational Chemistry gives her great experience in application of techniques from Computational Chemistry to identify and understand patterns in the Inorganic/ Organic/ Organometallic complexes, ever-more complex problems of Biochemistry and the reaction mechanisms.
NRPU Project: “In-silico modeling and analysis on molybdenum cofactor deficiency in humans” worth Rs. 2.988 Million” approved in Feb 2019
Manuscripts Accepted / Published:
- Amal Fatemah, Shahzad Rasool and Uzma Habib, “Interactive 3D Visualization of Chemical Structure Diagrams Embedded in Text to Aid Spatial Learning Process of Students”, Journal of Chemical Education, 2020, Volume, Number, Pages, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.9b00690.
- Uzma Habib, “DFT study on catalysis of metabolic redox reactions of mononuclear molybdenum enzymes”, Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 2018, Volume 71, Number 14, Pages 2267-2280, DOI: 1080/00958972.2018.1483498.
- Zaheer Ahmed, Uzma Habib, “DFT studies of Temperature Effect on Coordination Chemistry of Cu(II)-Trimethoprim Complexes”, Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 2018, Volume 71, Number 8, Pages 1102-1113, DOI: 10.1080/00958972.2018.1447667.
- Uzma Habib, Matthias Hofmann, “Effect of Molybdenum and Tungsten on the reduction of nitrate in Nitrate Reductase, a DFT study”, Chemistry Central Journal, 2017, Volume 11, Number 35, Pages 1 -12, DOI 10.1186/s13065-017-0263-7.
- Uzma Habib, Amin Badshah, Ulrich Flörke, Rizwana Aleem Qureshi, Bushra Mirza, Nazar-ul-Islam, Azeem Khan, “Synthesis of (2, 4-diamino-5-(3’, 4’, 5’-trimethoxybenzyl) pyrimidine Copper (II) complex at 20-25°C and its structural characterization”, Journal of Chemical Crystallography, 2009, Volume 39, Number 8, Pages 607-611.
- Uzma Habib, Amin Badshah, Ulrich Flörke, Rizwana Aleem Qureshi, Bushra Mirza, Nazar-ul-Islam, Azeem Khan, “Synthesis and structural characterization of (2, 4-diamino-5-(3’, 4’, 5’-trimethoxybenzyl) pyrimidine Copper (II)) complex”, Journal of Chemical Crystallography, 2009, Volume 39, Number 10, Pages 730-734.
Manuscripts under Preparation / Submitted:
- Kalsoom Jan, Uzma Habib, “Theoretical investigation on the organic materials for organic photovoltaic cell”, Submitted in New Journal of Chemistry, Under Review
- Muhammad Raheel, Uzma Habib, Muddassar Iqbal, Basit Niaz and Fatima Iftikhar, “Density Functional Theory studies on complexes of Europium and Americium with organo phosphinodithioic acid ligands”, Submitted in Hindawi Journal of Chemistry, Under Review
- Uzma Habib, Matthias Hofmann, “Importance of water molecules for the conversion of acetylene to acetaldehyde by Acetylene Hydratase-a DFT study”, SUBMITTED in Chemistry Central Journal
- Uzma Habib, “DFT study on the ethylbenzene dehydrogenase enzyme”, SUBMITTED in Applied Organometallic Chemistry.
- Faheem Jan, Uzma Habib, “DFT study on reaction mechanism of arsenite oxidase” To be Submitted.
- Sheraz Tariq, Uzma Habib, and Nasir M. Ahmad, “Density Functional Theory Studies of Athermal Cyclic Solvent Solvency Conditions on the Propagation Reaction in Free radical Solution Polymerization of n-Butyl Acrylate Monomer”, To be Submitted.
Post-Graduate Students Supervision
- Nimra Khan (2020-Current). “Density Functional Theory studies on the Europium and Americium complexes to evaluate the extraction behavior of Europium and Americium from toxic nuclear waste material”. (MS)
- Kashmala Nadeem (2020-Current). “Computational Studies on Adsorption of Copper Oxide Nanoparticles Extracted from plants and it’s antimicrobial activity”. (MS)
- Hafsa Khan (2020-Current). “Computational studies to identify the most stable metal Sulphadoxine based Schiff base complex and it’s antimicrobial activity”. (MS)
- Arshemah Qaisar (2020-Current). “Density Functional Theory (DFT) studies on Molybdenum Cofactor Deficiency (MoCD) Type B”. (MS)
- Faraan Fareed (2020-Current). Molecular Modeling on Radiation absorbing glass for vehicles. (MS)
- Beenish Zafar (2019-Current). Density Functional Theory (DFT) studies on reaction mechanism of cPMP formation from 5`GTP during molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis. (MS)
- Saba Shabber (2020). Computational Analysis of Binding Energy and Interactions between Molybdenum Insertase: Geph-G and Geph-E Domain. (MS)
- Javeria Ashraf (2019). Computational analysis of cyclic pyranopterin monophosphate (cPMP) formation from guanosine-triphosphate (GTP). (MS)
- Khifsa Haroon (2019). Computational Analysis on the formation of Metal-binding pterin (MPT) from cyclic Pyranopterin monophosphate (cPMP) in Molybdenum cofactor Biosynthesis. (MS)
- Faheem Jan (2018). DFT study on reaction mechanism of Arsenite Oxidase. (MS)
- Malik Zaheer Ahmed (2018). DFT studies of temperature effect on coordination chemistry of Cu (II)-trimethoprim complexes. (MS)
- Mahum Riaz (2015). DFT study on reaction mechanism of Acetylene Hydratase from Pelobacter Acetylenicus. (MS)
- Overall 2nd position in Peshawar University – MSc Chemistry
- Recipient of PhD scholarship from Graduate College-850, Ruprecht-Karls Universität Heidelberg, Germany
- Reviewer of Journal of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry,
- Reviewer of Journal of Chemical Society, Pakistan