Frequently Asked Questions
This is the answer a test FAQ.
- Admission is granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in NUST Entry Test (NET) or score in Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited number of seats are reserved.
- The entire process of registration for admission is online.
- Candidates must be in possession of CNIC or Form B or NICOP (National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis).
- For applying for Registration:-
- FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed Part-I exam.
- A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks in O level as per equivalence cirtificate issued by IBCC.
- When applications for admissions are invited, candidates are first required to get registered by providing valid email address. On provision of registration number, the candidate is required to fill up the online admission form and deposit specified processing fee.
- Candidates can appear in the entry test more than once to improve their score. The merit for admission is prepared on the basis of best score.
- For every attempt to appear in NET, a separate application is to be filled up.
- Computer based entry tests for all disciplines are held in multiple series at NUST Campus Islamabad according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) - 7 - 21 Dec 2019
- Second Series (NET-2) - 14 Mar 2020 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) - Jun-Jul 2020
- Paper based entry test is conducted in Karachi and Quetta in Mar & July.
- In NET-2 & 3, candidates have an option either to appear for Paper Based Test at Karachi & Quetta or Computer Based Test at Islamabad.
- In Computer-based Entry Test, candidates can select the date and session of test according to their choice depending on availability of space.
- Admission process for all undergraduate programmes is conducted once a year to facilitate the commencement of the academic year in Fall.
- For more details, please visit NUST website www.nust.edu.pk.